The Makeup Necessities When Traveling Lightly
Planning for a getaway and don’t want to pack a whole makeup store just to look and feel your best? Join the club!
Are you someone who either over packs or completely under packs? I am. I swear, I either have WAY too many options and only wear the same two things OR I have literally not one full outfit.
But when it comes to my makeup packing game, I’m on point. I hate traveling with more makeup and toiletries than I actually need.
Whether you’re on the go or have big plans for the weekend — yet want to travel lightly, here are a few items you’ll probably want to consider bringing with.
PRO TIP: Don’t be afraid to use items for more than what they are advertised to be/do!
Makeup Packing List:
- Foundation. Obviously we all want even, flawless skin. Kill two birds with one stone and pick up a foundation or tinted moisturizer that has SPF in it! Shop my personal favorite CC cream (a bit more coverage) by iT CosmeticsOR if you like something a little more sheer but still with SPF, I love the ILIA Super Serum!
- Bronzer. You can use this for a sun-kissed glow and double it up as an eye shadow. My personal favorite is Jane Iredale Quad Bronzer in Sun Beam OR if you prefer something a bit more matte of a look, I love this matte bronzer by Too Faced.
- Cheek/Lip Stain. Either/Or. Like I said, don’t feel like you can only use products on one area of the face. Choose your favorite stain product and apply it to both the cheeks and lips for a pop of color. There are a lot of great ones out there like MILK Cosmetics Lip + Cheek.
- Mascara. Let’s not state the obvious here. Mascara is life. Unless of course you have eyelash extensions. I am really LOVING the Thrive Causemetics mascara…but for waterproof, my all time favorite is L’Oreal Voluminous!
- Eye shadow. All you need is ONE. You already have your bronzer, so why not go for a matte darker shade — maybe one that can double as both an eyeliner and a brow filler depending on your tones?
- Zoya Hot Lips. Moisturizing lip gloss that keeps the lips hydrated without them being sticky, adds a beautiful shine, and as a plus, is paraben-free.
Pro tip: if there’s’ room, pack your lash curler! 🙂 Curling your lashes makes a HUGE difference.