The Makeup Necessities When Traveling Lightly
Planning for a getaway and don’t want to pack a whole makeup store just to look fly? Join the club!
Are you someone who either overpacks or completely underpacks? I am. I swear, I either have WAY too many options and only wear the same two things OR I have literally not one full outfit.
But when it comes to my makeup packing game, I’m on point. I hate traveling with more makeup and toiletries than I might actually need.
Whether you’re on the go or have big plans for the weekend — yet want to travel lightly, here are a few items you’ll probably want to consider bringing with.
PRO TIP: Don’t be afraid to use items for more than what they are advertised to be/do!
Makeup Packing List:
- Foundation. Obviously we all want even, flawless skin. Kill two birds with one stone and pick up a foundation or tinted moisturizer that has SPF in it! My personal favorite BB cream is this one by Purlisse.
- Bronzer. You can use this for a sun-kissed glow and double it up as an eye shadow. My personal favorite is Jane Iredale Quad Bronzer in Sun Beam,
- Cheek/Lip Stain. Either/Or. Like I said, don’t feel like you can only use products on one area of the face. Choose your favorite stain product and apply it to both the cheeks and lips for a pop of color. There are a lot of great ones out there like MILK Cosmetics Lip + Cheek.
- Mascara. Let’s not state the obvious here. Mascara is life. Unless of course you have eyelash extensions.
- Eye shadow. All you need is ONE. You already have your bronzer, so why not go for a matte darker shade — maybe one that can double as both an eyeliner and a brow filler depending on your tones?
- Zoya Hot Lips. Moisturizing lip gloss that keeps the lips hydrated without them being sticky, adds a beautiful shine, and as a plus, is paraben-free.
- Coconut Oil. Use it as a face cleanser AND as a moisturizer. It can be applied to the face, hair, and body!
Happy beautiful travels. What are some of YOUR staples?