D.I.Y. Rose Water Mist
As you probably know by now, I am a skincare FREAK. Yes, a total freak. So, it’s not unusual to find me walking around on a normal day with a bottle of rosewater in my bag. Not only is it SUPER refreshing, but it’s extremely moisturizing! And I’m being serious — if I am not with my Stonecrop, I am with my Rose Water. It’s always one or the other!
I wanted to share a couple options for you to make your OWN rose water facial mist at home!
Did you know that roses are good for more than just your eyes and heart? 😉 Roses are packed full of TLC. Rose water is great for ANY skin type. It helps to sooth and cool sensitive irritated skin. It balances and cleanses oily skin, rejuvenates and tones mature skin, and softens rough skin! It adds a beautiful glow and is packed full of anti-oxidants and vitamins! You know what that means?! Stay looking younger longer. YES!
DIY ROSE WATER SPRAY RECIPE 1: ROSE ESSENTIAL OIL
YOU WILL NEED:
- Rose Essential Oil
- there are a lot, but here are two good options, the first being the best but also a little more pricey:
- Distilled water
- Witch Hazel
- Drop 12 drops of the essential oil into a mason jar.
- Add 1/2 cup of witch hazel and shake well.
- Add 1 cup of distilled water to the mason jar.
- Mix well
- Transfer into a mister spray bottle. Use a funnel if you have to!
**please make sure you are using an essential oil and not a fragrance oil**
DIY ROSE WATER SPRAY RECIPE 2: DRIED BULGARIAN ROSE PETALS
YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 glass jars (I like to use mason jars)
- 1/4 cup Bulgarian rose petals, dried
- 1 1/4 cup distilled water, hot
- Add the dried rose petals to one of the mason jars.
- Pour hot (not boiling) distilled water over the petals inside of the mason jar.
- Put the lid on the jar and let it cool. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Put a strainer over an empty mason jar.
- Pour the rosewater into the jar. Carefully pour the water over the strainer. You want the rose petals to get caught in the strainer. After transferring all of the water, you can discard the petals.
- Seal the jar and place it in the fridge. You can store it for up to one week.
- Transfer some into mister spray bottles so you can take on the go!
AND if you just want to order some that are already made, I have used (and love) these two:
- Sky Organics 100% Pure Organic Rose Water Toner
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater
P.S. This makes a GREAT makeup setting spray for every day use! One of the best ways to get moisture back into your skin after applying makeup and powders.